This year…I want to go on more adventures! That is what I posted on Facebook on January 1, 2015. The universe delivered in ways I couldn’t have foreseen.
In early 2015 you could find me hiking up a mammoth mountain in two feet of snow and snowmobiling in Vermont, USA with my best friend, Tina, while away at a girls weekend. Snowmobiling is my new sport love; I felt like a badass and it was exhilarating! Bucket list item…check.
There’s no way I could’ve imagined that in October I’d be immersed in a radically different environment trekking through the rain forest and bathing in a waterfall in Soufriere, Saint Lucia. Surreal. Incredible. I feel so fortunate to be in this space and place. Bucket list item…check!
As the year 2015 is in its final hours I reflect on what I have experienced, how the universe has delivered, how I was willing to risk everything for the unknown, what I leave behind and what I will take with me into 2016.
What I am leaving behind in 2015…
- Lost friendships
- Lost love
- Lost family
- Sadness surrounding the losses
- Failure(s)…I’ve lost count yet shows I keep trying 🙂
- Split ends (7+ months…yes, I need a haircut desperately!)
- The hope of a better past
What I am leaping forward with into 2016…
- New friendships
- Opportunity to serve something bigger than me
- Ambition in my work as a Peace Corps Volunteer
- Problem solving that leads to a brighter tomorrow for me and my hospital
- Stretching my ability to face and thrive in adversity
- Exploring more of my home island
- Openness to what may come
- Finding greater peace and total acceptance of myself (the good, the bad, the ugly)
- Remaining open to love
- No expectations (this remains an ongoing hurdle)
- Living in the moment
- wonderful memories from 2015
I wish you all a Happy New Year! I hope it is all of what you dream. As for me, I know that I want to go on more adventures in 2016!
Stay tuned…because I’m not sitting on the sidelines of life.
Other blogs you may be interested in:
~Brie Messier, MBA